2002 Prévost X3-45
The Prévost Car Company was first founded in 1924 by Eugène Prévost (1898–1965), a cabinetmaker specializing in church pews and school furniture, who was asked to build a custom bus body for a new REO truck chassis. Les Ateliers Prévost, as the company was then called, received several repeat orders. Between 1937 and 1939, Prévost Car’s first bus manufacturing plant was built. Initially the vehicles were built around a wooden frame. In 1945 this changed, and bodies were made of metal.
Paul Normand acquired the company in 1957. In 1969, two American businessmen formed a partnership with André Normand, then President of Prévost, to become the company’s owners. These three men, in turn, sold Prévost to Volvo Bus Corporation in 1995.